- You'll acquire theoretical knowledge alongside the practical skills relevant to translating and interpreting practice.
- You'll undertake extensive targeted practice in both translation and interpreting, as well as specialisations in both fields.
- Computer-assisted translation tools embedded across this course will prepare you for the fast-changing marketplace.
- Practicum projects you'll undertake with our industry partners will allow you to work directly with clients in a variety of settings.
Duration: 1 or 2 years
• Australian level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent in a language or communication related field including translation studies, translating and interpreting, linguistics, speech and hearing sciences, speech-language pathology, language or literary studies, comparative literature, creative writing, education, journalism, media or communication studies, law, or a related discipline
• GPA of 4.50 (out of 7.00) or overseas equivalent
• Proficiency in one of the available languages
All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. For more information, please see English Language Requirements.
The required standard of English for this program is:
Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent